What is the Freedom of Information Act?
Who can make a request?
What can be requested?
How is a FOIA request made?
Can FOIA requests be made for commercial purposes?
What happens after a FOIA request is submitted?
What sorts of fees are associated with a FOIA request?
What would cause a FOIA request to be rejected?
If my request is rejected, how can I appeal this decision?
|Public Information Officer||Rollie Hawk
309 W. Market, Room 115
Jonesboro, IL 62952
|State’s Attorney||Daniel Klingemann
309 W. Market, Room 220
Jonesboro, IL 62952
FOIA Request Fee Schedule
|First 50 pages of printed material||NO FEE|
|Black & White pages after 1st 50 pages||$0.15 per page|
|Color pages after 1st 50 pages||$0.30 per page|
|CD/DVD||$1.00 per CD or DVD|
Documents and Categories
In accordance with Section 5 of the Illinois Freedom of Information Act (5 ILCS 140/5), here is a list of documents and categories of records available for copy and inspection maintained by each office. In accordance with Section 3.5 of the Illinois Freedom of Information Act (5 ILCS 140/3.5), items immediately available are noted by an asterisk (*).
County Clerk and Recorder
- Statements of Economic Interest *
- Tax Buyer 1099s
- Tax Deeds *
- Tax District Budgets and Levies *
- Tax Extensions and Levies *
- Tax Rate Information *
- Weekly Balance and Budget *
- Public Records related to Voter Registration *
- Conduct and results of Elections *
- Vital Records as governed by the Illinois Vital Record Act *
- Official Agendas, Minutes Resolutions and Ordinances of the Union County Board of Commissioners *
- Scans of all Recordings *
- Notary Public registrations *
- Assumed Name Registrations *
- Records relating to Tax Rates *
- Tax Increment Financing Reports and Tax Redemption Processes *
- County Employee Payroll Records
- Employee Insurance Records *
- Collective Bargaining Contract Records *
- Land Records Recordings *
- Various Recordings as governed by the State Records Act *
- Safe keeping of Land Records *
- County Contact Lists – Municipalities, Schools, Townships *
- Liquor Licenses for the County *
- Military Discharges – DD2-14 *
- Peddlers Licenses for the County *
- Raffle Licenses for the County *