1. Union County
  2. /
  3. Human Resources

Human Resources

Angela Knupp

Director of Human Resources

309 W Mar­ket Street, Room 137
Jones­boro, IL  62952

Phone: 618–833-5316
Fax: 618–833-8566

Office Hours: Mon­day-Fri­day, 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.

Duties & Responsibilities

Human Resource Direc­tor sup­ports all Coun­ty employ­ees, offi­cers, and depart­ments.  The Human Resource Direc­tor pro­vides cen­tral­ized admin­is­tra­tion for the activ­i­ties asso­ci­at­ed with per­son­nel com­pen­sa­tion, ben­e­fits and per­son­nel records.

  • Addi­tion­al ser­vices include:
  • Adver­tis­ing and recruit­ing employ­ment
  • Pro­vid­ing employ­ee rela­tions con­sult­ing to employ­ees, super­vi­sors and lead­ers to resolve issues, improve work rela­tion­ships, and main­tain a pos­i­tive work envi­ron­ment
  • Devel­op and inter­pret poli­cies
  • Part­ner­ship with depart­ments and employ­ees to meet the chang­ing needs of the orga­ni­za­tion
  • IMRF agent


  • Twelve work­weeks of leave in a 12-month peri­od for:
    • the birth of a child and to care for the new­born child with­in one year of birth;
    • the place­ment with the employ­ee of a child for adop­tion or fos­ter care and to care for the new­ly placed child with­in one year of place­ment;
    • to care for the employee’s spouse, child, or par­ent who has a seri­ous health con­di­tion;
    • a seri­ous health con­di­tion that makes the employ­ee unable to per­form the essen­tial func­tions of his or her job;
    • any qual­i­fy­ing exi­gency aris­ing out of the fact that the employee’s spouse, son, daugh­ter, or par­ent is a cov­ered mil­i­tary mem­ber on “cov­ered active duty;” or
  • Twen­ty-six work­weeks of leave dur­ing a sin­gle 12-month peri­od to care for a cov­ered ser­vice mem­ber with a seri­ous injury or ill­ness if the eli­gi­ble employ­ee is the ser­vice member’s spouse, son, daugh­ter, par­ent, or next of kin (mil­i­tary care­giv­er leave).
  • Click here for the most recent FMLA forms avail­able by the US Depart­ment of Labor
Need Assistance?

If you need assistance or have inquiries regarding the Union County website, please contact us. For more information, please search our site or refer to our departments listing for information on specific county services.