Duties & Responsibilities
Human Resource Director supports all County employees, officers, and departments. The Human Resource Director provides centralized administration for the activities associated with personnel compensation, benefits and personnel records.
- Additional services include:
- Advertising and recruiting employment
- Providing employee relations consulting to employees, supervisors and leaders to resolve issues, improve work relationships, and maintain a positive work environment
- Develop and interpret policies
- Partnership with departments and employees to meet the changing needs of the organization
- IMRF agent
- Twelve workweeks of leave in a 12-month period for:
- the birth of a child and to care for the newborn child within one year of birth;
- the placement with the employee of a child for adoption or foster care and to care for the newly placed child within one year of placement;
- to care for the employee’s spouse, child, or parent who has a serious health condition;
- a serious health condition that makes the employee unable to perform the essential functions of his or her job;
- any qualifying exigency arising out of the fact that the employee’s spouse, son, daughter, or parent is a covered military member on “covered active duty;” or
- Twenty-six workweeks of leave during a single 12-month period to care for a covered service member with a serious injury or illness if the eligible employee is the service member’s spouse, son, daughter, parent, or next of kin (military caregiver leave).