(1) All regular employees shall receive eight (8) hours pay at their regular rate for the following holidays without working such days:
New Year’s Day
Martin Luther Kind Day
Day after Thanksgiving
Election Day (even years)
plus any other holiday granted courthouse employees and one (1) personal day.
(2) All work performed on holidays under the terms of this Agreement shall be paid for at double the regular rate in addition to the holiday pay granted above.
(3) All regular employees shall have worked his scheduled workday before and his scheduled workday after the holiday unless at the Departments discretion the employee is excused from the day’s work by his supervisor. Employees on temporary lay-off shall be entitled to holiday pay for Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, after being called back to work, and employees off sick during any holiday shall be entitled to holiday pay by furnishing proof from the doctor of illness.
(4) It is agreed that all employees who have been in the employ of the County Highway Department for a period of one (1) year shall receive one (1) week vacation with pay on the basis of a forty (40) hour week at the regular rate of pay and after two (2) years of service, each employee shall receive two (2) weeks vacation with pay on the basis of a forty (40) hour week, and after nine (9) years service each employee shall receive three (3) weeks vacation with pay on the basis of a forty (40) hour week and after fifteen (15) years of service each employee shall receive four (4) weeks vacation with pay on the basis of a forty (40) hour week. If an employee quits or is discharged he shall receive vacation pay based on time worked during the year. No employee will lose vacation because of illness.
(5) All accrued vacation time will be used by employees as soon as possible, and in no event later than one (1) year after their next anniversary date, and thereafter, no employee shall accumulate vacation leave in excess of that which was earned the previous year by December 31.
(6) Years of service are determined since the employee was hired by the Department, not since he joined theUnion.