(1) Damaged Personal Items. Approved personal items of the employees which are damaged pursuant of the course of their employment while on duty, will be repaired and/or replaced by the employer up to an annual limit of One Hundred Dollars ($100.00) for watches and Three Hundred Dollars ($300.00) for eyeglasses. The Employer shall not be responsible for said repair or replacement if the damage was due to the employee’s negligence. Nothing contained in this Section shall restrict the County’s ability to prohibit or restrict the use of personal items while on duty.
(2) Immunization. All necessary immunizations shall be provided at the employer’s expense. These immunizations are limited to those necessary to protect the employee during the course of employment.
(3) Part-Time Employees. The County reserves the right to employ part-time employees for the purpose of maintaining adequate staffing levels that might be created by holidays, vacations, sick leave, etc.
(4) Scheduling. The Director or his designee shall post a work schedule within a reasonable time prior to the initiation of said work schedule. In no event shall the work schedule be posted less than forty-eight (48) hours prior to the initiation of the same. Nothing herein prohibits temporary changes in the schedule that might be needed because of unforeseen emergencies (i.e., injury, illness, resignation, etc.).
(5) Mileage Reimbursement. Use of a personally-owned automobile must be authorized in advance. Mileage will be reimbursed at rates consistent with Internal Revenue Service Guidelines. Adjustments to the allowable IRS rates shall become effective on December 1 of each year. The authorized mileage allowance includes all operating expenses such as gas, oil, and repairs precluding any separate claim for such items.