Section 1. Work Week. The work week shall be set as follows. Twenty-four (24) hours on shift and forty-eight (48) hours off for all employees.
Section 2. Overtime. All hours worked in excess of forty (40) hours a week shall be compensated at the rate of one and one-half (1 ½) times the normal rate of pay. Overtime shall be distributed as equally as possible among those qualified and licensed to perform specialized tasks. In order to maintain appropriate staffing levels, it is understood that overtime is not voluntary.
Section 3. Team Captains. There shall be a Team Captain designated by the Director or his designee for each shift team according to qualifications and seniority as defined in this Agreement. Qualifications for Team Captain shall include a minimum of intermediate or paramedic skills and appropriate licenses. Also the ability to perform and demonstrate proficiency in system protocols and guidelines at the ALS level of care.
(A)Duties and Responsibilities. Team Captains shall have the following duties and responsibilities:
1. Each Team Captain shall have authority over and direct supervision of his or her assigned shift team. In the absence of the Director or his Assistant, the Team Captain shall have the authority to make binding decisions as to the operation of his or her crew, and shall otherwise enforce the orders, directives, and/or policies of the Union County Ambulance Service. All directives or orders issued by the Team Captain shall have the same force and effect as if issued by the Director and/or Assistant.
2. Each Team Captain shall be responsible for the maintenance and cleanliness of his designated ambulances which shall be cleaned and checked daily, and shall insure that the same are fully operational at all times. Any and all systems and/or equipment which is not fully operational and which cannot be remedied and/or repaired by the Team Captain shall be immediately reported to the Director and/or Assistant.
3. Each Team Captain shall likewise be responsible for the cleanliness of the Ambulance Service quarters, which shall be cleaned daily, and shall also be responsible to see that all laundry used by or involving the Ambulance Service is washed and dried.
1. Any employee who fails to comply with an order or directive issued by a Team Captain shall receive a written reprimand by the Team Captain, which shall be placed in the employee’s personnel file. Said employee shall receive written notice of said reprimand by personal service of a copy of the same within seven (7) days after its issuance.
Any subsequent violations shall result in a one day suspension without pay, as otherwise consistent with pertinent provisions of this Agreement.
2. Team Captains who fail to follow any order, directive or policy of the Director or Assistant Director of the Ambulance Service shall receive a written reprimand by the Director and/or Assistant, which shall be placed in the Team Captain’s personnel file. Said Team Captain shall receive written notice of said reprimand by personal service of a copy of the same within seven (7) days after its issuance.
Any subsequent violation shall result in immediate termination and forfeiture of the Team Captain designation, as well as all of the rights, duties, and obligations which that position entails, as otherwise consistent with pertinent provisions of this Agreement.
(C) Abuse of Authority. Team Captains shall not abuse their authority and shall fulfill the same duties as all other employees in inspecting and maintaining ambulances, cleaning the Ambulance quarters, and doing the laundry associated with the Ambulance Service.
Section 4. Emergency Runs. All off duty employees who are called in for emergency runs shall receive a minimum of two (2) hours overtime pay, with all services provided in excess of two (2) hours to be compensated as provided in Section 2.