Code of Ordinances
Of Union County, Illinois.
22-2-10 Notice of Denial of Request; Appeals
(A) If the County denies the request, the County shall notify the person making the request in writing of:
- the decision to deny the request;
- the reasons for the denial, including a detailed factual basis for the application of any exemption claim;
- the names and titles or positions of each person responsible for the denial;
- the right to review by the Public Access Counselor and the address and phone number for the Public Access Counselor; and
- he right to judicial review.
If an exemption is claimed, then the denial must include the specific reasons for the denial, including a detailed factual basis and a citation to support a legal authority.
(B) If the County asserts an exemption under Subsection (1)(c) or (1)(f) of Section 7 of the Freedom of Information Act, it shall, within the time periods provided for Respondent to request, provide written notice to the person making the request and the Public Access Counselor of its intent to deny the request in whole or in part. The notice shall include:
- a copy of the request for access to records;
- the proposed response from the County;
- a detailed summary of the County’s basis for asserting its exemption.
If the Public Access Counselor determines that further inquiry is warranted, the procedures set forth in the Freedom of Information Act, as amended from time to time, regarding the review of denials shall be applicable. Times for response compliance by the County to the request shall be tolled until the Public Access Counselor concludes his or her inquiry.
Retrieved from: www.unioncountyil.gov