(A) Pur­suant to the Inter­gov­ern­men­tal Coop­er­a­tion Act, the PCB shall enter into an Agree­ment with the PCETSB to allow the PCETSB to assign names to, or rename, all streets, lanes, roads, high­ways and pub­lic ways in the unin­cor­po­rat­ed area of Union Coun­ty.  Fur­ther­more, the PCETSB shall coor­di­nate its efforts to imple­ment this Arti­cle with Unit­ed States Postal author­i­ties.  That on the approval of this Arti­cle, the PCB adopts the street names attached hereto.

(B) The ini­tial pur­chase of the road signs for coun­ty roads shall be made by the Union Coun­ty High­way Depart­ment using funds obtained for this pur­pose from the Illi­nois Depart­ment of Trans­porta­tion (IDOT) Safe­ty Grant.  This safe­ty grant shall pro­vide the sum of Fifty Thou­sand Dol­lars ($50,000.00) for the pur­chase of said signs.  Any sums nec­es­sary for the pur­chase of said road signs in excess of the monies obtained from said grant shall be paid by the PCETSB.

(C) Any addi­tion­al signs pur­chased after the ini­tial pur­chase shall be paid for by the PCETSB, includ­ing the cost of replace­ment signs or posts for signs which are dam­aged, lost or stolen.  The Union Coun­ty High­way Depart­ment shall pay for the main­te­nance and instal­la­tion of the signs which are pro­vid­ed by the PCETSB.

(D) Signs des­ig­nat­ing the names of pri­vate streets, lanes, roads, and high­ways shall be erect­ed and main­tained at the expense of prop­er­ty own­er or own­ers occu­py­ing such pri­vate streets, lanes, roads, and high­ways.  Said signs shall be locat­ed to be eas­i­ly vis­i­ble to emer­gency per­son­nel trav­el­ing from a pub­lic access road into the pri­vate road­way.  All signs shall be of the same or sim­i­lar con­struc­tion as the signs erect­ed by the PCETSB.  Landown­ers who have erect­ed said signs which com­ply with the pro­vi­sions of this para­graph and with the stan­dards adopt­ed by the PCETSB, and may, after instal­la­tion of said signs peti­tion the PCETSB to take over and main­tain these signs as per this Arti­cle.  Any landown­er who so peti­tions the PCETSB to take over and main­tain a road sign shall be required to attach to his or her peti­tion a valid ease­ment grant­i­ng access to the loca­tion for the pur­pos­es of instal­la­tion, repair and main­te­nance of said signs.

(E) All expens­es for the main­te­nance, prepa­ra­tion, and instal­la­tion of uni­form pub­lic street, pub­lic lane, pub­lic road, pub­lic high­way and pub­lic way inter­sec­tion signs shall be borne by the Union Coun­ty High­way Department.